Friday, April 15, 2011

Housemate changes

My housemate is moving out later this year. She is going to start a course at a college and will be away for a whole year, and who knows after that. Her parents actually gave her the house we live in (lucky!) so not only my friend but also my landlord will be gone. I don't know what will happen with it all- I'll have a new housemate and she'll still be my landlord, though I might become the default landlord for the new tenant since I'm actually living here.

The cats will probably go to her parent's house, which I'm kind of really glad about. The house will be infinitely cleaner without them puking and moulting on everything, and otherwise their departure will make no difference to my living here- they don't even let me touch them let alone stroke them!!

I've lived here with her for over two years now, and she's a great housemate. I worry sometimes that as she so rarely annoys me, I must be enraging to her, but I hope that's just paranoia. Now there will be a new person!! And I have no idea who they'll be. I guess there aren't many people who know now where they want to move in six months time, but I wish we could work it out sooner rather than later so I knew what was going to happen. I'm so worried they will get annoyed with my late hours, or be messy, or be annoyed with my mess. What if they are noisy when I'm trying to sleep? Or they eat all my food? Or never pay the rent? What if they hate me?! I feel like it's taken me all this time to finally settle in and feel like this place is my real home, and now it's all going to change!

7 comments:

Mahawneyme said...

I know what you mean. I'm moving in with two 19 year olds (my little sister and our friend, I'm 23) in August to attend a new university. I only met the other girl a few months ago and I don't know her well at all. I have many worries too! Maybe your new roommate won't have weird cats! Good luck!

Joshua said...

I..... am in love with you. sigh

Joshua said...

I assumed you were an actress. Would you ever act? I'm sorry but I may not be in love with you in the traditional, rational sense but in an irrational sense I do. You are brilliant. I'm a filmmaker. I would be amazing to do something with you. As unlikely as that seems I'm still serious. While I'm here let me say again, You're just lovely.

Joshua said...

And by the way, after reading your post. You should be as ambitious as is possible to be to do what you want. Lord, you are amazing.

P.S. I am so not a weirdo either. I could easily prove that if it ever was important. I am just blown away by you. I'll send a link to a short I made. It's style is for this series. It's about people who meet and hit it off and then it ends quickly. Anyway, I'm small time but I'd love to somehow do something with you. I can't believe ypu're not huge in England. Are you? Forgive me if you are. I just found you.

P.S. I'm pretty normal so you can go ahead and enjoy my being bowled over by you, besides, I live Omaha, Nebraska. Even if I were compelled to hit the streets looking for you it would take forever. Ah forever.

http://youtu.be/xlzzVuMWmEY

Joshua said...

Ah, you are huge. Anyway.

Joshua said...

Oh man, please take me seriously. I would whatever to prove I'm not a weirdo. That could be fun. Jesus, how many man flip for you a day. I feel like Michael Caine.

RockPie said...

Heeey Paperlilies, missing your blogs! :(